Saturday, December 26, 2009

Birthday Card


I made this birthday card for my birthday card exchange on scrapbook.com. This one is being mailed this week. First I stamped a Martha Stewart stamp on white cardstock. I  colored it with pastel pencils that I kept from my college days. I knew they would eventually come in handy.  I used decorative scissors to cut around the bird.  Then I took green cardstock and ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I ran it through twice.  The first time made a nice sharp embossed image but I wanted to see what a double-pressing would do. Both the Big Shot and Cuttlebug folder were purchased today at Michael's with a 50% off coupon and a gift card from my parents. I love this card. The embossing makes a huge difference in the looks.

Items Used: Pre-cut blank card in Ivory. Forest Green cardstock. White Cardstock. Martha Stewart Clear Bird Stamp. Staz-On Jet Black Ink. Pastel Pencils. Fixative. Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirl Embossing Folder. Sizzix Big Kick Embossing Machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment